We like to think of Old Town Farm as the “green heart of the city”. Located just west of Old Town and just east of the Rio Grande, OTF is situated on 12 acres in one of the most historic settings in New Mexico. Although Albuquerque was settled in 1706, Pueblo Indians lived and farmed here long before the Spanish arrived as evidenced by the many pot shards found while digging post holes. The Duranes Lateral, which forms the western boundary of OTF, is reputedly the oldest registered ditch in North America. To this day, the “Madre de Duranes” provides water to irrigate our pastures.
Since 1977, Old Town Farm has operated as a horse facility and produce farm. But in those 35 years, the city has truly grown up around us. The Bio Parks, the museums and the bike paths now surround us, all within walking distance. Our dream for OTF is to keep its farming character while adjusting to its urban location. Toward that end, we invite you to check out the various activities on this website and then think about contacting us to schedule a visit to Old Town Farm.